Dear shareholders, colleagues and well-wishers both at home and from all over the world, thank you very much for being with us. It's another successful year added.
- Life goes on...
- I am doing well, DMCB is doing better.
- Deposit went up by 200% to 300%, in a year time.
- Multinational banks offering 7% to 8%,
- Lending rate went up proportionately.
- Hopefully, rates will be back to earlier figures sooner.
- It was a successful fiscal year 2017-18. Results are overwhelming.
- Recovery of bad investment from educated, wealthy, powerful people are excellent.
- Apart from successful Micro Investment Operations, proper steps are being taken to deal with wilful investment defaulters.
- Honesty of purpose, good governance and close monitoring system is making strong impact on the society.
- Our members are learning, better decision-making through effective education and training.
- I along with my team are touring all over the country, to educate ourselves and share knowledge with GOD fearing members of this bank.
ONE FINE, SUNNY MORNING, I CAME ACCROSS THIS SAYING IN "THE DAILY STAR" NEWSPAPER ON 22 DEC 2013. FELT THAT NOTHING COULD MORE APPROPRIATE TO PUT THIS AS A PRECIOUS GIFT TO THE READERS.
I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter ; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill,One only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest,to Steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounding me,to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended.
This wonderful nation is gifted with honest, hard working silent majority micro traders, our main source of inspirations and supporters.
Group Captain (Retd.)
Abu Zafar Chowdhury, GD(P), Psc
Chairman of DMCBL
Pic: Nelson Mandela